A shipwrecked person – I don’t understand how you immediately got used to this life!
The other person – It’s cause I came from Rio. There we didn’t have meat, butter, electricity and water, and we were also surrounded by sharks…
– If he continues digging for HIGH SALARIES, the whole thing will come down!
(the other rocks are high prices, higher taxes and inflation)
– Mister, there’s a Barnabé over there who also wants a raise!
Getúlio – I already raised (prices on) meat, milk, bread, the bus, boats, trams, sugar, butter, coffee and this guy talks to me about a raise?
The attendent – Who wants to go up?
(from left to right – people representing meat, bread, buter and sugar)
In the country of contraband
– They increased the price of a sack of oranges!
– In compensation there’s an abundance of citrus preserves…
(Marmelada is slang for crooked deals)
– Everything is going up! And Getúlio?
– He’s going up too. He’s going to spend the summer in Petrópolis…