The bond (trolley) was going to leave. The two comrades, Dr. Togaté and Chico Mesuras, were to take their seats.
but, getting lost in formalities, each one wished that the other would get on the bond first.
– Have patience, Mr. Togaté, you first.
– No, Mr. Chico Mesuras, I do not approve.
– Because of who you are, no formality is needed with me.
– It’s I who must cede the lead, dear friend.
The conductor, already impatient, rang the bell, ding! Continue on!
– Woosh! the bond took off in a furious rush, forcing the two, who were holding onto the hand-rails, to take some gaudy leaps.
and it left them on the floor, stretched out, without any formality at all, showing that haste ruins etiquette.